Popular of Late
- The Rotted - Get Dead or Die Trying
- Re: Mourning September Watches and Reads
- Re: Black September Playlists (white and pink ...
- Re: August's rhymes of lunacy...
- Re: Muzak Hauls and Bargains
- Re:Miscallenous hauls and bargains
- Re:August Watches
- Re:Talk to me about local rock shows (and bands)
- Re:DC Webzine launches a record label - DC Rec...
- Re:Have Game Will Play
Page 1 of 4
Alright, so the plan was that we’d get a few beers before the movie. Then one guy had to get stuck in traffic, so we’re waiting there for him, and there’s fifteen minutes for the movie to start. Finally, we got around to having one pitcher after all – in about half a minute.
Ok, now as far as superhero movies go, I’d just been zapped into a crisp by the absolutely phenomenal Ghost Rider a few months ago (read the review, bitches!), so I knew that it was going to take Sam Raimi, deep pockets or no, a hell of a lot to dethrone that pinnacle of cinema. Well, give the old boy credit – he tried. But at the end of the day, it turned out to be a real cocktease, and just wasn’t willing to go that extra step. Sam, watch and learn from …. whoever made Ghost Rider.
Now I can totally understand the need to show Spiderman as a vulnerable, emotional, snivelling pile of webby snot. We don’t go to superhero movies to watch carnage and destruction (I hang around at the street corner for that kind of action), we go to have those nagging questions answered. You know, the “What would Spiderman do if:”
|More where this came from:|
You need to login or register to post comments.